These Aguas Frescas are light and refreshing Mexican drinks that are made with only 3 ingredients! Grab your favorite fruit, some sugar and water and you can be sipping on these cold, fruity drinks in only minutes. Follow the easy steps below to make your own creation, you can even blend your favorite flavors together.
Why Make This Agua Fresca Recipe?
- This drink recipe is made with natural ingredients. Feel free to substitute the sugar for a different sweetener of your choice.
- This recipe makes the best use of seasonal produce. Use what is currently in season for a fresh, sweet drink.
- Making your own agua fresca at home is a much healthier drink than store bought juices.
Notes on Some Ingredients:
- Fruit: use your favorite fruits or a combination of fruits. Some classic examples that are shown in this post are watermelon, mango, pineapple and strawberry. Some other options that are popular are: cucumber, cantaloupe, honeydew, lime, tamarind, and Jamaica.
- Water: use a filtered, drinking water. This recipe is not cooked or boiled, so ensure that you are using a good drinking water.
- Sugar: feel free to swap the white sugar with any kind of sweetener you prefer. Always taste the drink and add more sweetener if needed after blending.
How to Make (step by step)
- Step 1: prepare your fruits. All peels and seeds should be removed from whatever fruit you are using. Give the fruit a rough chop to help the blending process.
- Step 2: Add the water, sugar and fruit to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Step 3: Strain. Pour the drink through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of any excess pulp. Then serve the drink over ice.
Best Type of Fruits to Use:
Some berries, like blueberries and blackberries don’t blend and strain well for this particular recipe. I would advise you avoid them.
Serene’s Tip: Add a squeeze of lemon or lime to any of the drinks for a burst of fresh citrus flavor.
More Drink Recipes to Try:
- For another fun drink try out this Homemade Horchata.
- Looking for a creamy twist on a Strawberry Agua Fresca? Try this Creamy Agua de Fresas recipe.
- You can’t go wrong with making a large pitcher of this Southern Sweet Tea.
- Or if you want an alcoholic drink, learn how to make your own Frozen Margaritas using any fruit!
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Photography done by the talented @KJandCompany.co