These easy Air Fryer Green Beans are the perfect side dish that is ready in 15 minutes or less! Use fresh green beans or frozen green beans and cook with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Green beans are the perfect side dish. They taste great when served as a side for a simple dinner or as a featured side dish for the holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Cooking fresh or frozen green beans in the air fryer creates crispy green beans with a soft and tender inside. The entire recipe is ready in 15 minutes or less.
This easy air fryer recipe is naturally low carb, vegan and gluten free. There is no need to preheat your oven, just mix the ingredients together, cook and go!
Ingredients You Need
You only need a few basic ingredients for this recipe that you can even pull together at the last minute.
- Green Beans – Use fresh green beans or frozen green beans for this recipe. French green beans are my favorite and you can use green beans from your garden too.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – You can substitute with avocado oil.
- Garlic – Use minced fresh garlic. If you really don’t like garlic, you can omit it from this recipe. You can use a dash of garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, if needed.
- Salt and Pepper – To season the green beans. You can easily adjust the amount.
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans (Fresh or Frozen)
Green beans cook in an air fryer for this recipe. You will need an air fryer to air fry the green beans for this recipe. You can use either fresh or frozen green beans.
- Trim the ends off the green beans, if needed.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the coated green beans to the air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the green beans from the air fryer basket and serve.
Serve the cooked green beans with lemon wedges or fresh lemon juice or lemon zest for even more fresh flavor.
- Make a larger batch. You can double the recipe to make a larger batch to serve a crowd. However, do not overfill the basket. Cook green beans in a single layer and don’t allow them to overlap too much. Cook them in multiple batches, if needed.
- Add spicy flavor. You can add a bit of spice by adding chili powder or red pepper flakes to your seasonings.
- Add Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the green beans before serving.
- Serve them with another air fryer vegetable or your favorite protein.
What to Serve with Green Beans
Did you make this Air Fryer Green Beans recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below. Your reviews provide valuable feedback and encourage other to try the recipe too.