These mini, pull apart Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls are a quick and easy to make needing only 30 minutes!. They’re perfect for family dinner or a fun snack. These mini burgers are packed with tender, juicy ground beef melty cheese, and tangy pickles all smothered in a homemade burger sauce.
Why we love these Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls
- Quick and Easy: thanks to using ground beef that we cook up crumbled in a skillet (similar to how we make sloppy joes) these come together nice and easy. No need to prep the grill or fry up and smash burgers splattering grease everywhere! The clean up from these sliders is a breeze.
- Make Ahead: these are a great make ahead meal or snack food. Prepare the sliders ahead of time, cover and store in the refrigerator until you need to bake them and serve. Great option for busy weeknights or game days!
- Fun Family Dinner: these are a perfect family dinner idea for your own family or when having company over. Set out some additional toppings to let everyone add to theirs and make it just how they want!
Table of contents
Notes on Some Ingredients
- Hawaiian Rolls: one of our favorites is Kings Hawaiian rolls, they sell a large 24 pack in the markets near us. If you are unable to find those you can grab two packs of 12. You can also make your own Homemade Hawaiian Rolls.
- Ground beef: use a lean ground beef or be sure to drain off the excess grease when cooking the meat to avoid creating soggy bread.
- Cheese: the recipe calls for cheddar, of course you can use whichever cheese you would prefer.
- Burger Sauce: this sauce is what makes this meal! This is a homemade burger sauce that we love using on our grilled burgers, dipping fries in and using as a dressing for our Burger Bowls. If you need to save time you can find versions of burger sauces at your local market.
How to Make (step-by-step)
- Cook the Meat: cook the ground beef in a skillet with some minced onion. Once fully cooked and browned, add in the mayo, cheese and seasonings.
- Layer the sliders: spread the cooked meat on top of the bottom buns in the baking pan.
- Top with slices of cheese.
- Add your pickles.
- Spread the Burger Sauce.
- Bake the sliders until golden and the cheese is melted.
Tips for Success
- Reduce Recipe: if you are wanting to feed a smaller size family or group, you can easily cut this recipe in half using 12 Hawaiian rolls and one pound of beef.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the tops of the buns while the butter is still wet so that the seeds stick.
- Serve with extra toppings on the side so people can add their favorites after they’ve been baked!
Looking to switch things up? The options are endless when it comes to making adjustments to these cheeseburger sliders! Some ideas include:
- Switching the cheese
- Top with everything bagel seasoning instead of sesame seeds.
- Adjust the toppings: sliced tomatoes, fried onion strings, pickled jalapeños, pickled onions, bbq sauce, bacon, ketchup, mustard.
The perfect sides for Cheeseburger sliders are: Southern Potato Salad, Classic Macaroni Salad, Best Baked Beans, Southern Coleslaw, Elotes-Mexican Grilled Corn, Creamed Corn, and Twice Baked Potatoes.
Sliders are different than burgers mainly in size. Sliders are smaller than burgers, so while burgers are a great main course option, sliders can be served as an appetizer or snack food as well as a main course.
How many sliders to serve per person comes down to the appetite of the person being served. Very young children could be satisfied with one of these being served with a side of some kind. While adults may require 2-3 with a side salad or other option for dinner. If serving as a snack/game day food plan on at least one per person if other snacks are being offered as well.
More Super Bowl Snack Ideas:
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Photography by the talented @KJandCompany.co