A better version of a fast food classic, these Homemade Crunchwrap Supremes are a huge hit! Seasoned ground beef layered with a spicy nacho cheese, crisp lettuce, juicy tomato, cold sour cream, and a crunchy tostada all wrapped in a soft flour tortilla. Cook these up in a skillet until crispy on the outside and warm and cheesy on the inside.
All about these Crunchwrap Supremes:
- Family friendly: Better than the fast food option, these homemade Crunchwraps are a fun family dinner idea! Control the amount of spice and filling options to make this a meal your whole family will love.
- Quick and easy: This recipe comes together in 35 minutes making it a perfect option for a busy weeknight.
- Homemade is better! Thanks to making this at home we are able to use our own taco seasonings controlling the spice and the salt content.
Notes on some ingredients:
- Ground Beef: an 80/20 mix works great in this recipe. Can be swapped for ground turkey or chicken if needed.
- Nacho Cheese: use a store bought cheese to make this recipe quick and easy. If you would prefer to make a homemade queso using real cheese you can!
- Tortillas: large burrito sized, 10 inch tortillas work best for this recipe. You can also use homemade tortillas.
- Tostadas: this adds crunch to the middle of the Crunchwrap. Store-bought works well. To make your own simply spray corn tortillas with oil and bake until crispy or fry in oil in a large skillet on the stovetop.
How to make (step-by-step):
- Step 1: Cook the ground beef: crumble the beef while it cooks, once it’s fully cooked and no longer pink, drain the grease, add the seasoning, water and stir together.
- Step 2: Start layering: lay a large flour tortilla flat on a clean work surface and add a layer of ground beef topped with some nacho cheese.
- Step 3 & 4: Continue layering: Top the ground beef and nacho cheese with a tostada. Then continue layering sour cream, lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese.
- Step 5: Place a piece of tortilla on the top. This is because the tortilla isn’t big enough to fold all the way completely closing in the fillings. Using an extra tortilla cut out small rectangles to cover the very center of the fillings.
- Step 6: Fold the tortilla, starting from the bottom fold the tortilla to the center. Continue until the entire tortilla is folded around and enclosed.
- Lighten things up! Make a healthier Crunchwrap by swapping out the flour tortilla for a whole wheat option. Or you can use a low carb substitute if needed. Swap the ground beef for lean ground turkey. Up the veggies involved by adding some grilled bell peppers, add a scoop of fresh homemade salsa, and cut out the cheese sauce. Plus you can easily swap greek yogurt for the sour cream.
- Reheating: this dish is best served fresh of course. But if you have leftovers simply fry them back up in a skillet over medium heat until heated through and the tortilla is nice and crispy again.
Some great options would be veggie heavy sides. Mexican Grilled corn, Street Corn in a Cup, or a tomato avocado salad.
Full instructions are included in the recipe card below and images are shown above. Start at the bottom of the tortilla and fold it up over the center, continue doing this as you work your way around the tortilla.
If the tortillas aren’t fresh they may break when attempting to fold them, to fix this simply heat up the tortillas before adding the fillings and folding. Place on a plate and microwave for about 10 seconds, then continue with the recipe.
More recipes to enjoy:
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Photography done by the talented @KJandCompany.co