This no bake Fresas con Crema, is a Mexican dessert recipe that is loaded up with fresh strawberries covered in a smooth sweetened cream. This dessert is ready in less than 10 minutes and only needs five ingredients.
All about this fresas con crema…
Fresas con crema is a traditional mexican dessert. A quick and easy Strawberries and cream recipe. Ripe and juicy strawberries are diced and added into a sweetened cream sauce. Made with easy to find ingredients, this recipe is easy to customize to make it just how you and your family love!
- No Bake: perfect for summertime! This dessert recipe comes together in minutes and is served chilled.
- Easy Ingredients: only a handful of ingredients are needed and there are plenty of easy swaps that can be made based on what you have or what is available.
- Fresh Fruit: one of the main ingredients is fresh strawberries. The fresh berries throughout this recipe creates a fun, summertime flavoring that is sure to please!
Notes on some ingredients:
- Media Crema: Also known as Table Cream. Nestle makes and sells this in cans and it can typically be found next to the evaporated milks in the local market, or possibly the Hispanic food aisle. If you are needing a substitute consider: condensed milk, evaporated milk or heavy cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: La Lechera is a popular brand to use for this recipe. But you can use any brand available or that you have on hand. This is a thick, syrup like milk that is sweetened and used to sweeten the dessert recipe.
- Sour Cream: if needing to make a swap to make this a slightly lighter dessert try substituting with greek yogurt.
How to make Step by Step:
- Step 1 & 2: Dice strawberries & Blend: dice however you prefer. Some people like slices, I prefer to dice them into chunks. Dice to a size that is easy to fit onto a spoon so that you can easily enjoy your dessert. Blending some of the strawberries with the media crema, also called table cream (image below). This gives a strawberry flavor throughout the cream, plus a natural pretty pink color to the cream.
- Step 3 & 4: Mix Cream: combine the remaining ingredients for the cream. The base of the recipe is the media crema (found in the hispanic aisle in most markets, it’s a canned milk), sweetened condensed milk, and sour cream. Plus a hint of vanilla for extra flavor.
- Step 5: Combine: pour the cream over the strawberries. Thanks to the sour cream the mixture is nice and thick.
- Step 6: Chill: this dessert is best served COLD! I love letting it chill in the refrigerator for a little bit. But it can also be served as soon as it’s made.
- Dicing the Strawberries: dice however you prefer. Some people like slices, I prefer to dice them into chunks.
- Blend some Strawberries: Blending some of the strawberries with the media crema, gives a strawberry flavor throughout the cream, plus a natural pretty pink color to the cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: add this ingredient last. This is used to sweeten the dessert. Start with a small amount and add more to preference as needed. This will allow you to control the sweetness of the dessert.
Fresas Con Crema: FAQS
Yes! Feel free to swap out your favorite berries to make this easy dessert recipe. Raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries are all good options. Other fruit ideas would include peaches or mangos.
Mexican crema has a higher fat content than sour cream, isn’t as sour and has a thinner consistency. Sour cream is considered a good substitute though, just keep these things in mind. You could easily swap crema for the sour cream in this recipe but it will have a thinner consistency.
Fresas con crema is a popular No Bake Mexican Dessert recipe. It’s made by combining freshly sliced strawberries with a sweetened cream sauce.
More Mexican Dessert Recipes:
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Recipe first published May 1, 2020, updated June 25, 2022 with new images and information. Recipe is unchanged.
Photography by the talented @KJandCompany.co