This honey roasted vegetables recipe is a simple side dish with subtle sweetness and delectable flavor that everyone will love!
Roasting vegetables is an easy and low maintenance way of cooking. Just toss the chopped vegetables in a bowl with simple seasoning and arrange on a baking sheet. Pop them in the oven to roast while you prepare the main dish.
Honey roasted vegetables are the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavor. Serve them with a simple protein like pan seared ribeye, broiled scallops or boneless chicken thighs.
Enjoy this dish any day of the week or any time of the year. It’s an easy side dish for the holidays including Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a great way to clean out vegetables in the fridge.
- You can meal prep or make-ahead.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free and dairy free.
- It makes an easy yet impressive side dish for weeknight meals or the holidays.
Ingredients You Need
Any combination of vegetable works for this recipe, although we pull together a few of our favorites here. Simple seasonings and honey are the only other things you need.
- Vegetables: This recipe uses carrots, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, beets and red onion to create a delicious medley of vegetables. Feel free to swap out with any other vegetables you have in your fridge including asparagus, red bell pepper, potatoes, broccoli, butternut squash, zucchini or mushrooms.
- Honey: The honey adds a subtle sweetness and slightly caramelizes the vegetables. Heat the honey in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. If you can’t do honey, you can substitute with maple syrup, although the flavor will be slightly different.
- Seasonings: This recipe uses a combination of dried thyme, salt and pepper. You can substitute the thyme with rosemary or another one of your favorite herbs.
How to Make Honey Roasted Vegetables
This low maintenance recipe comes together with only a few simple steps!
- Prepare oven and baking sheet: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Toss together all ingredients: Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with honey, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. The honey should be smooth and runny. If it’s not, warm it slightly before mixing in with the other ingredients.
- Transfer vegetables to a baking sheet: Scatter the vegetables evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables: Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once or twice during the cooking time, until vegetables are fork-tender and browned on the edges.
Garnish the roasted vegetables with fresh parsley before serving, if desired.
- Chop vegetables into even pieces – This ensures that the veggies cook evenly. They should be roughly 1/2-inch chunks.
- Flip everything halfway through baking – This prevents them from burning or sticking to the pan.
- Prep ahead to save time – Chop all of the vegetables in advance to save time. You can also prepare the entire dish and then store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven prior to serving.
- Try a different combination of veggies! Switch up the veggies during different seasons. In the spring or summer try asparagus, bell peppers and potatoes. In the winter try sweet potato, broccoli and carrots. The options are endless.
- Double the recipe to feed a crowd – You can easily double the recipe to serve a larger crowd. This makes it a great choice for the holidays.
Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Smashed Fingerling Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
- Roasted Beets
Did you try these Honey Roasted Vegetables? Leave a recipe rating and review below.