These easy pancake bites are a fun and delicious choice for breakfast, brunch or snack. These little bites come together in less than 20 minutes. Mix in chocolate chips or blueberries!
Mini pancake bites are a fun option for breakfast but we love them anytime. They work great as a grab-and-go option and can be easily adapted to fit your needs.
You can prep these in advance and reheat them quickly before serving.
Serve the pancake bites on their own or with maple syrup.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Kids, toddlers and adults love this bite-sized breakfast option.
- They come together in less than 20 minutes.
- You can easily adapt to make gluten free and dairy free.
Ingredients You Need
You will need a few simple pancake ingredients. You probably already have them in your pantry or fridge.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour or substitute for 1:1 gluten free all-purpose flour.
- Buttermilk: You can substitute with any type of milk. Whole milk, 2% milk, almond milk or soy milk work great.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for this recipe. It will be melted and slightly cooled. Use vegan butter or vegetable oil to make these dairy free.
- Egg: You will need one large egg.
- Maple Syrup: Use pure maple syrup for the best flavor. You can substitute with regular sugar, if desired.
- Other Ingredients: You will also need baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix-ins: Mini chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, etc.
You will need a mini muffin pan for this recipe.
How to Make Pancake Bites
These tasty baked pancake bites come together easily in only a few steps.
- Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients: In a measuring cup or another medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla.
- Combine everything: Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir with a spoon or spatula to combine.
- Add chocolate chips: Stir in the mini chocolate chips or fresh blueberries. Reserve a few chocolate chips or blueberries to sprinkle on the tops.
- Spoon the pancake batter into the mini muffin pan. Each cup should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. They should be puffed up and the edges will be slightly golden.
Serve the bite sized pancakes with pure maple syrup!
- Don’t forget to grease the muffin pin: This helps prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan.
- Make gluten free pancake bites! To make them gluten free, just substitute the flour with 1:1 gluten free all purpose flour. And use gluten free mix-ins.
- Bake in a standard sized muffin pan if you don’t have a mini muffin pan. Fill each cup with 1/4 cup batter and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Switch up the mix-ins: The best thing about these pancake muffins bites is that you can switch out the mix-ins every time you make them. Or you can make one batch with a variety of mix-ins.
- Mini Chocolate Chips or Regular Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Blueberries
- Diced Strawberries
- Diced Bananas
- Diced bacon
- Chopped Walnuts
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To freeze, allow the pancake bites to cool, then store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat the pancake bites, pop them in the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds to warm them up. You can also reheat them in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit until warm.
If you love these pancake bites, you will also love these Mini Blueberry Muffins and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Did you try these pancake bites? Leave a recipe rating and review below. Your feedback is appreciated!